Modern CSS Solutions is a series of in-depth tutorials that provide developers of any skill level an opportunity to upgrade their CSS toolbox.
This series examines modern CSS solutions to problems I've been solving over the last 13+ years of being a frontend developer. The focus is on practical application of CSS, with an emphasis on ensuring techniques covered are cross-transferable to multiple scenarios.
Popular articles include:
- Custom Select Styles With Pure CSS
- CSS Button Styling Guide
- Equal Height Elements: Flexbox vs. Grid
- Pure CSS Smooth-Scroll "Back to Top"
- Solutions to Replace the 12-Column Grid
- CSS-Only Accessible Dropdown Navigation Menu
The site averages 65K unique visitors and 90K pageviews per month, and has solidly grabbed the #1 position for the term "modern CSS" on Google search results.
The full series is available at ModernCSS.dev and offers an RSS feed.
Press and Events
ModernCSS has been praised by many industry leaders as can be seen in testimonials throughout the site.
- Feature in CSS-Tricks Newsletter
- Feature in Smashing Magazine roundup
- CSS Masters Talk - interview that includes discussion of the origins of this series